|Pro Decker||Pro Decker Small|
|Fits Animal||800-1400 lbs||500-800 lbs|
|Half Breed||26" x 41"||23" x 41"|
|Cinch||28"-32" Mohair Blend||18", 28" available if you specify|
- Top, top quality. Pro-Decker Pack Saddle will last you a lifetime.
- Pictures of this pack saddle do not do it justice. It would be difficult if not impossible to find a better pack saddle.
- The pack saddle I use for my annual 3 week Idaho Wilderness elk hunt.
- Herman Oak #1 harness leather. The highest quality harness leather available.
- Thick and long pine tree made for perfect fit. Pine is the best wood available for a decker tree.
- Roller buckles instead of conway buckles to easily adjust pack saddle to pack animal. Roller buckles are much quicker and easier than conway buckles.
- 6 recessed bolts per tree/bar instead of normal 4 to attach metal arches to tree/bars.
- Rolled and lined leather breast collar, breeching and spider to prevent chaffing.
- Mohair blend cinch instead of normal cotton cinch.
- Half-breed extra heavy 32 oz canvas, leather bound, 1" felt filler. Most half-breeds are only 24 oz canvas.
- Solid brass hardware - no rust. Most decker hardware is nickel plated. The nickel will eventually wear off on nikel plated hardware.
- Quarter straps doubled entire length - most decker quarter straps are not doubled to reduce cost.
- Leather straps full 1" wide and 1/4" thick.
- Decker tree straps (rigging straps)1 1/2" wide.
- Round/arches available.
- Mule tree and horse tree available.
- The decker mule tree bars are 1" closer together than the horse bars at the front and the bars at the back are the same distance apart for both the horse and mule tree.
- If your mule has some withers, the horse pack saddle can be used so you will be able to use the pack saddle on a mule and a horse. If your mule is flat backed then I recommend the mule pack saddle.
- Standard 32 inch cinch is shipped with pack saddle. If you require different size, specify in comment section of web order form.
- NEW IMPROVED COTTONWOOD TREE. Pictures show the prior pine tree.
- THIS IS A TOP QUALITY PACK SADDLE THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME WIH PROPER MAINTENANCE. I USE THIS PACK SADDLE AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PRO DECKER.
- Piggin/tie ring. Rope braided onto both decker riggin rings then combined into one braided rope for piggin/tie ring.This system allows you to tie next pack animal on to the piggin/tie ring, This is an option for $20.
- Double rigging/cinch (like a sawbuck) option is $110.
Don't forget to purchase a pack pad if you don't have one. A pack pad is bigger than a riding saddle pad, you need the larger pad for the pack saddle to protect your pack animal. We offer two different pack pads, the felt pad or the Kordel fleece pad (as seen on all my horses).